Joint session on Day 1 of Congress chaired by Adey Wynne. 8 experts in the field have their say.
Dextran – What is it exactly? Where does it come from? How does it affect grower and miller profits? What can we do to eradicate it?
SASTA invites you to an exciting themed session elucidating dextran and its impact on the South African sugar industry. The expert speakers that will share their dextran experience and learnings include:
- Raw sugar exports – Judith Wilson
- Sugar Milling Research Institute NPC (SMRI) – Sanet Nel
- Rossburgh Central Refinery – Duran Ogle
- Noodsberg Back-End Refinery – Musthakeem Kader
- Sezela Raw Sugar Mill – Phindile Miya
- South African Sugarcane Research Institute – Derek Watt
- Cane Supply Management – Anthony Edmonds
- Cane Supply Management – Barry Cole
The plenary session takes place on the afternoon of Day One of the 2018 SASTA Congress. You are urged to attend to get the whole picture of dextran and how it affects you.